Caballefans gave you a video with Caballe high notes... As I had had the idea also to put up a video like this, I decided to buttress his effort with a video containing several things he hadn't chosen to include.
- is the link to the video by Caballefans - you will hear2 more high D's there, something akin to an E-flat (a bit frightening), and more C-sharps (check out the studio Aroldo aria!!)
VOLUME ISN'T PARTICULARLY BALANCED, BEWARE!
Information about the performances included will be uploaded shortly, I hope.
Update: 16 Nov. 2013
And here's the list. There is a total of 29 clips:
0) (Introduction) "Questo core ben lo comprende" - Elisabetta Regina d'Inghilterra, Rossini, Studio recording for Philips (1975), Carreras
1) Finale to the Act I of Trovatore, Verdi, Live recording from the Choregies d'Orange (1972), Spiess
2) Same excerpt, Live recording from the Met. Opera NY (1973), Domingo
3) Same excerpt, Live recording from Philadelphia (1970), Domingo
4) This recording of "Sempre libera" I found on the internet. and the whole performance wasn't available, nor was any information about it
5) The transition from "Follie" to "Sempre Libera" - Traviata, Verdi, Studio recording, 1965 (1966?), Bergonzi
6) "Merce dilette" - I Vespri Siciliani, Verdi, Live performance from the Gran Teatre del Liceu Barcelona, 1975 (1974?), Domingo
7) Same excerpt, Live performance from the Met. Opera NY (1974), Domingo
8) Same excerpt, Studio recital recording for Columbia Rec. (1974), Masini cond.
9) "Sempre all'alba ed alla sera" - Giovanna d'Arco, Verdi, Studio recording for EMI (1972), Domingo
10) "Quando rapito in estasi" - Lucia di Lammermoor, Donizetti, Studio recording for Philips (1976?), Carreras
11) "Obéissons... Je marche" - Manon, Massenet, Live recording from the Gran Teatre del Liceu Barcelona (1968), Vanzo
12) "Non più affanni, mie genti" - Caterina Cornaro, Donizetti, Live recording from the Royal Festival Hall London (?) 1972 (?), Carreras
13) Same excerpt, Live recording from the Salle Pleyel, Paris (1973), Aragall
14) "Dio che mi vedi in core" - Anna Bolena, Donizetti, Studio recording with Shirley Verrett ("Great Operatic Duets") 1969 (?)
15) "Ah, se un giorno da queste ritorte" - Maria Stuarda, Donizetti, Live recording from the Salle Pleyel Paris (1972), Carreras
16) Same excerpt, Live recording from the Teatro alla Scala di Milano (1971), Garaventa
17) "Maffio Orsini, Signora, son io" - Lucrezia Borgia, Donizetti, Liver recording from Carnegie Hall NY (1965), Vanzo
18) Final part of same excerpt, Studio Recording for RCA (1965 or 1966), Kraus
19) "Sorgete, è in me dovere" - Il Pirata, Bellini, Liver recording from the Teatro Comunale del Maggio Musicale Fiorentino (1967), Labò
20) Same excerpt, Live recording from Cincinnati Opera (1969), Martí
21) "Tu m'apristi in cor ferita" - same opera, same perf.
22) Same excerpt as in [19)], Studio recording for EMI (1966), Martí
23) Same excerpt as in [21)], perf. as in [22)]
24) Act I finale to Semiramide, Rossini, Live Recording from Aix-en-Provence (1980), Horne
25) Same Excerpt, Live recording from Antwerpen (1984), Dupuy
26) Act I Finale to Anna Bolena, altered in the last part, Donizetti, Live performance Teatro alla Scala di Milano (1982), Savastano
27) (Finale) "Dis-moi que je suis belle" - Thaïs, Massenet, Studio recital recording for Deutsche Grammophon (1970 or 1971) ("French Opera Arias"), Giovaninetti
28) (Finale) - Final chord of Brahms' second piano concerto